- 14-Feb-2017 to 15-Aug-2017 (CST)
- Public Works
- Conroe, TX, USA
- $18.914 min - $$23.642 mid-range
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision and Retirement and Park and Recreation privileges
This position performs several job functions under the supervision of the Pump & Motor Maintenance Superintendent and Master Electrician. Generally this employee is responsible for the electrical installation and repairs in all City owned buildings, equipment, and traffic signals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The listed duties are essential job functions that the position has been created to perform. The list of duties is not exhaustive. The employee may be called upon to perform any task that is implied from the listed duties or is within the scope of the job summary.
1.Maintenance of electrical controls, equipment, and traffic signals.
2. Operation of light construction equipment, and bucket truck.
3. General electrical work for City owned buildings.
4. Assist other departments with utility construction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must posses a Journeyman Electrician License issued by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Must possess a valid Texas Class "B" Commercial Drivers License.
- Knowledge of electrical controls, equipment of sewage lift stations, water plants, and traffic signals.
- Knowledge of general electrical work such as office buildings.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, or sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift weights of 100 pounds.
- Able to climb in and out of confined areas and have the ability to climb heights greater than 100 feet.
- Knowledge and ability to operate light construction equipment, and bucket truck.
- Knowledge to diagnose electrical control problems in water plants, waste water treatment plants, lift stations and traffic signals.
- Knowledge of control panel troubleshooting.
- Ability to work as many hours needed to get the work assigned completed.
- Ability to understand engineer drawings.
- Ability to adapt to new technology, new methods and changing conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to obtain certifications/licenses to perform work assignments.
- Ability to respond at any hour during an emergency when requested.
- Knowledge of computer software and programs.
- Ability to understand and follow City of Conroe and Departmental policies and procedures.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDES
All general hand tools, Volt/Amp. Meter, Truck Mounted Cranes, Ladders and Safety Equipment.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six years experience in electrical operations.
- Posses a State Journeyman Electrician's license issued Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Valid Texas Class "B" Commercial Drivers License.
- Must be able to obtain a sewer collection license and a minimum of a Class D Water license issued by the State of Texas.
- Must pass a drug test and doctors physical examination.
- Must lift weights of up to 100 pounds.
- Available 24 hours - position will be on call every other week.