- 21-Feb-2017 to 21-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Parks and Recreation
- Conroe, TX, USA
- Part Time
To gain experience and understanding in how the Parks and Recreation Department functions. In addition, to assist in the planning, organization and implementation of a wide variety of activities within the Parks and Recreation Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The listed duties are essential job functions that the position has been created to perform. The list of duties is not exhaustive. The employee may be called upon to perform any task that is implied from the listed duties or is within the scope of the job summary.
- Complete special projects that cover all aspects of the department.
- Organize and implement programming for participants of all ages and abilities.
- Provide office support assistance.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Completion of related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of parks and recreation operations.
- Initiative and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a computer for data and word processing.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with the public in English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE
- Two years of college education.
- Previous paid or volunteer parks and recreation experience preferred.
- Experience in word processing and other computer programs.