- 28-Feb-2017 to 01-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Conroe, TX, USA
- $26.433 min - $33.041 mid-range
- Full Time
Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Retirement
JOB SUMMARY: Highly technical, fully skilled accounting position that involves verifying, analyzing, and reporting of financial transactions for the City.
JOB SCOPE: No budgetary or supervisory responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The listed duties are essential job functions that the position has been created to perform. The list of duties is not meant to be all inclusive. The employee may be called upon to perform any task that is implied from the listed duties or is within the scope of the job summary. Must be able to work emergency and on call time. Attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
1. Maintain complete set of general ledger accounts and prepare financial statements.
2. Prepare all monthly entries for operating transfers, capital budget transfers, water & sewer receivables, property tax revenues, interest and investment transactions, and reclassifications.
3. Prepare Monthly Financial Summary Report (MFSR).
4. Update CIDC Treasurer's Report.
5. Update Monthly CIP Spreadsheet for all capital improvement funds.
6. Prepare Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) utilizing CCH Pro-systems FX software.
7. Co-Credit Card Administrator for City's Procurement Card.
8. Assist accounting staff with accounts payable, capital assets, and payroll functions as needed.
9. Prepare all related entries associated with year-end processing and annual audit.
10.Grant Accounting Specialist and Liaison for coordinating the preparation of grant budgets with staff and reconciliation of compliance reports to the general ledger.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
3. Ability to reconcile spreadsheets and General Ledger accounts to source documents.
4. Analyze, identify and resolve variances.
5. Knowledge of automated financial management software packages.
6. Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices.
7. Skilled in performing journal entries.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and five (5) years Accounting experience.
Five (5) years experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Word and MS Excel.